Photo Credit: Ahu Eats
Today we have the Green Tea Matcha Cookie recipe that is so amazing that we have to share from Ahu Eats! It is soft, chewy, with just the right balance of sweetness and bitterness from the matcha. These are the perfect cookies to go with your morning coffee or tea.
- 1 stick butter, softened
- ⅞ cup of granulated sugar
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1¼ tablespoons culinary grade matcha powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- Cream together the butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl - it should be creamy colored and airy. A hand blender or stand mixer works well for this. This helps the cookie become fluffy and chewy.
- Gently incorporate the eggs to the butter mixture one at a time.
- In a separate bowl, sift together all the dry ingredients.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet by adding a little at a time and folding or gently mixing the batter together. Keep going until you've incorporated all the remaining flour mixture. The dough should be a beautiful green color.
- Chill the dough for at least an hour - up to overnight. The longer the better!
- Preheat your oven to 325 F.
- Roll the dough into balls the size of ping pong balls and place them on a non-stick cookie sheet.
- Bake them for 12-15 minutes until the bottoms just start to become golden brown and the cookie no longer looks wet in the middle. Note: you can always bake them at 350 F for a less moist, fluffy cookie. It will bake faster by about 2-4 minutes 350 F so watch them closely.
- Remove and let cool on a rack and enjoy!