Matcha Pancakes by Diane, A Broad is a recipe where you can have a slight twist in the art of pancake making with culinary matcha.
It is fun, easy, unique, and simply delicious!
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil or melted butter (plus more for skillet)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon culinary matcha powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- pinch salt
- In a large bowl, whisk together the egg, milk, vegetable oil or melted butter, sugar, and vanilla extract. Add the flour, matcha powder, baking powder, and salt, and whisk 7-10 times, just until the batter comes together; the batter may and should be lumpy.
- Heat a heavy cast-iron skillet over medium-low heat. Brush with vegetable oil or butter. Using a 1/4 cup measure, dollop circles of pancake batter onto skillet. Wait until bubbles appear and pop on the surface, then flip the pancakes and cook for another minute or so. Stack pancakes and serve hot with butter and maple syrup.